The Juice is Soma’s phenomenal trail/XC hardtail frame for 29″/27+ wheels. This updated version features tough Broski Sliding Dropouts that allow you to go single-speed or geared or even run hub gears and slightly more modern geometry. Also new is internal seat tube dropper post routing. A modified chainstay allows fitting even some double cranks with “plus size” 2.8″ wide tires without needing to invest in Boost parts. We even offer a belt-drive ready version.
– Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end
– Geometry is optimized for 100mm travel 29″ forks and will handle 120mm forks great, too
– Disc brakes only (ISO tabs)
– Standard or Belt-Drive compatible versions available (split for installing belt is on the seatstay.)
– IRD Broski Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed builds with easy wheel removal
– S-bend seatstays and chainstays
– Rear rack and fender eyelets
– CNC-machined 44mm headtube: Will take 1-1/8″ steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
– 31.6mm post size/31.8mm frt. der. size/34.9mm seat collar/73mm bottom bracket (English threads); 400mm+ post recommended
– 135mm spacing for traditional QR hubs. Old school, yes, but upgradable to 142 x 12mm Thru-Axle with new inserts. – Recommended tire size: 29″ x 2.4″ (or 27.5 x 2.8”)
– Color: Battleship Gray
– Wt: 5.35 lbs.
– Sizes: SM(41cm), MD(44cm), LG(47cm), XL(50cm)
Component Fit Data:
Bottom bracket shell: 73mm wide with English threading
Headset type: Will take 1-1/8″ steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
Seatpost size: 31.6mm OD x 400+mm length Includes internal routing port at seat tube for dropper seatposts
Seat collar size: 34.9mm
Seatpost diameter: 31.8mm
Front derailleur clamp diameter: 34.9mm
Front derailleur type: Low clamp, top-pull
Hub fit: Standard dropouts fit 135mm QR hubs. (IRD Broski aftermarket inserts to convert to 142x12mm thru-axle)
Chainstay adjustment range: 440 – 458mm (ideal to keep dropout in the center or front of the slot)
What Gate’s Carbon Belt set up works on the Juice?
46t front x20t rear x 115 belt – 448.8mm chainstay setting
46t front x28t rear x118 belt – 449.7mm chainstay setting
Can I fit a rear rack on the Juice?
Yes, you can. The Juice has braze-ons on the dropout and seatstay to fit a rack. You may need a rack that is “disc-specific” so the left strut can clear the disc brake caliper and cables. Axiom, Topeak and others make racks to fit with disc brakes. Also make sure your rack is tall enough to clear 29″ tires before purchasing.